Edna Madera Trower
Relevant Work Experience
Product Development Manager, Legacy Touch, Lee’s Summit, MO – July 2015-February 2018
- Project management in development of new keepsake jewelry to expand product assortment.
- Collaborate with all company departments leading towards launching new products.
- Manage highly detailed costing that supports final retail pricing of new products to meet profit margin targets.
- Responsible for providing safe operating procedures for Bench Jewelers with all new products approved for production.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Ecommerce teams to deliver detailed specs of jewelry keepsakes so they are presented accurately on website and in print.
- Provide recommendations and parameters on product return policies that Customer Service and Production teams execute.
Jewelry Designer + Design Assistant, Silpada Designs, Lenexa, KS - February 2010-May 2014
- Managed projects by organizing and prioritizing all stages of jewelry and watch development from concept to final approved samples while guiding Design Assistants throughout the process.
- Consistently applied creative problem-solving while developing brand appropriate product within targeted costs and margins.
- Frequent travel assignments to Asia, Europe, and the US for vendor factory meetings, industry trade show attendance, trend forecasting, and material sourcing.
- Seasonal collaboration with Marketing Teams in providing feedback regarding product on model and studio photography, as well as approving proofs, to ensure product was documented accurately for print and digital marketing collateral.
- Designed and developed jewelry and watch SKUs
- Maintained product development documentation to ensure timely arrival and created additional Excel reports as needed.
Seasonal Studio Assistant, Susan Mahlstedt R/M Studio, Kansas City, MO – 2008-2014
- Performed bench jewelry applications to support production of studio jewelry for exhibition at juried craft shows.
- Responsibilities include casting cleanup, sawing components, soldering and finishing.
Bench Jeweler + Key Holder + Sales, The Polished Edge, Liberty, MO - May 2008-February 2010
- Performed general jewelry repair, diamond and gemstone setting, and created custom made fine jewelry.
- Responsible for weekly supply orders for findings, precious gems, metals, and consumables.
- Conducted retail sales of loose diamonds, mountings, and finished fine jewelry.
Instructor + Teaching Assistant +Studio Manager, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY - August 2002-May 2004
- Developed and taught curriculum for college level jewelry and metalsmithing classes emphasizing fine craft and design.
- Curriculum topics include, sawing, hot and cold connections, texturing, patination, forming, and keum-boo.
- Delegated student teams for weekly clean up which included safety training for machine maintenance, anvil, stake and hammer resurfacing, and fuel tank replacement.
Summer Studio Assistant at Leonard Urso Studio, summer 2003
- Used hammer forming techniques to create large scale copper sculpture and architectural elements.
- Worked independently to execute hollowforms in fine silver according to spec.
Shop Tech, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, Carbondale, IL - August 2000 - May 2001
- Provided weekly maintenance of studio, tools, machiniery and supply restocking.
- Supervised open studio hours while providing technical support to participating
Retail Sales: Fashion Jewelry (Seasonal), Nordstrom, Oak Brook, IL - May 1998-January 1999
- Commission Sales of Fashion Jewelry and watches.